Thank you so much for your interest in inviting me to speaking at your facility or institution. I will provide you with my Biographic information, topics and price schedule on speaking fee. I look forward to hearing back from you.
Barbara Fernandes, M.S., CCC‐SLP, is the founder and CEO of Smarty Ears, the largest company that produces speech therapy apps for speech pathologists, teachers, and parents. She is also a blogger and podcaster known as GeekSLP where new technologies and gadgets are discussed and evaluated. Barbara has created over 30 applications for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod as of February of 2011. Barbara has presented all around the world and is now regarded as one of the most knowledgeable people regarding the use and implementation of the iDevices as therapy tools. Fernandes is a successful entrepreneur whose innovative work is making great advances in not only the field of speech language pathology, but in the overall realm of communication and information technology.
You may choose one topic or I can combine them for a larger seminar.
- All you need to know about iPad and apps for therapy: features, downloading and exploring SLP Apps, accessibility, and accessories.(2 hours)
- Using Evidence Based Practice to guide the use of apps for Articulation.( 1hour)
- There is more than gossip to Facebook: Social Media 101 for speech pathologists. ( 1 hour)
- Mobile technology solutions for speech therapy (1 or 2 hour): This is a general overview of apps in all areas of communication such as fluency, AAC, voice, language and articulation.
- Apps for special education: Special app for SPED teachers. ( 1 or 2 hours seminar for teachers)
Local (Dallas- Fort Worth Area)
$700 for 2 hour seminar
$1,500 for a 2 hour seminar + travel expense( Hotel + Flight)
$ 4,000 for full day(7 hours) in-service on apps and iDevices
I am also available for a full day (6 hours) to help set up a program for using iPad and apps for therapy staff. I would help download the apps, set up the account, install on the devices and train SLPs on using them. ($2,500)
Skype is also a possibility for presenting on conferences and classes; if you choose a presentation over Skype you would be charged as a local.