Back2School App Specials = SLP Apps on Sale
It is hard to stay on top of apps and app sales join on. If you have not yet heard of this one, you should as many educational app developers have joined and it is a chance to get apps for FREE or with a significant discount. This promotion/sale is a collaborative effort by Jeremy Brown and Patrick Black of Teaching All Students, Carisa Kluver of Digital Storytime, and Siva ofTechnology in (Spl) Education.
“The purpose of this event is to help prepare students well for the school year by working with developers to make many educational\learning apps available to students and their families for FREE or DISCOUNT between Friday, August 12th and Monday, August 15th.“
As a speech-language pathologist I will list here the apps under the category speech-therapy currently on sale. Be aware that this list has been growing and you may be able to get even more apps his weekend. These sales will be available this weekend only. For a complete list of apps on sale, please visit our friends website at http://b2sappspecials.blogspot.com
1. Caseload Tracker: Caseload Tracker is an app that helps special education teachers and speech-language pathologists to stay up-to-date on the deadlines of their students.
Discount: From $14.99 to $9.99 ( $5 savings) http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/caseload-tracker/id444661350?mt=8
2. Scene Speak: Scene Speak provides a framework on the iPad to create visual scene displays. This application allows an image can be edited with active “sound areas” that can be selected and used as a means of communication.
Discount: From $9.99 to $4.99 (Savings $5) http://itunes.apple.com/app/scene-speak/id420492342?mt=8
3. Smart Oral Motor: Smart Oral Motor is a cute application designed to help children practice their oral motor skills which are impaired in many children with communication disorders such as Down Syndrome or Apraxia of Speech.
Discount: From $9.99 to $2.99 (Savings $7) http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/smart-oral-motor/id418949476?mt=8
4. Artic2Go (PMG):Articulation pictures to streamline your therapy and home practice materials at a fraction of the cost of paper picture card decks!
Discount: From $1.99 to FREE (Savings $1.99) http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/artic2go-pbm/id423249887?mt=8&ls=1
5. SLP Goal Bank:The SLP Goal Bank is designed to be used as a clinical tool for speech and language pathologists.The SLP Goal Bank is an application developed by Smarty Ears, LLC designed to serve as a starting point to speech and language pathologists when creating goals for children and adults with speech and language delay.
Discount: From $29.99 to $9.99 (Savings $20) http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/slp-goal-bank/id418644043?mt=8
6. Spanish Speech with Milo- (Verbs) :The app is for speech therapists working with children, or parents who want to teach language skills to their children. The app offers an enjoyable tool used in therapy at a cheap price. This app is in Spanish.
Discount: From $2.99 to $0.99 (Savings $2) http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/spanish-speech-milo-verbs/id435883237?mt=8
7. Comprehension Therappy- :Comprehension TherAppy targets auditory and reading comprehension of single words. Designed to help people with receptive aphasia and alexia, it is also a valuable tool to treat attention and other cognitive deficits.
Discount: From $24.99 to 19.99 (Savings $5) http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/comprehension-therappy/id438069999?mt=8
8. Expressive- :Expressive is an entry to mid level, easy to use, and powerful app that allows children and adults with a speech impairment or a communication disorder to express their wants and needs through the use of pictures.
Discount: From $49.99 to 25.99 (Savings $24) http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/expressive/id398345416?mt=8
9. Speech Journal- :Speech Journal is a customizable voice recorder that you pair recorded messages with your own imported images and image sequences.
Discount: From $3.99 to 2.99 (Savings $24) http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/speech-journal/id436945985?mt=8